Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 6 of Silence when it Matters - INTERRUPTIONS

I don't have much time to blog today except to "say" this...

Interruptions are opportunities.  

Every mother has a myriad of opportunities each day...

For me they often come in the form of a bubbly two year old asking, "Do you want to play princess, Mommy" or "Will you play Play Dough with me?"

Or in the form of a ten year old boy with a cowlick talking incessantly about "Clash of Clans" or details about the latest book he is reading (when he comes up for air).  

Or my friend calling and needing a babysitter today because hers bailed last minute and she is on the job.

Or my son and his cousin counterpart leaving the light on in the Subaru and draining the battery so that I have to take time to find the charger and leave it plugged in for several hours before I can rush off to town and buy goat feed for two goats who undoubtedly feel they are starving despite piles of hay and fresh water...

Interruptions are blessing in disguise.  Opportunities for God to teach me and my children the importance of patience, listening, loving.  

My daughter is calling for someone to play Play Dough.  Gotta run:)

"The great thing, if one can, is to stop regarding all unpleasant things as interruptions of one's 'own' or 'real' life.  The truth is of course is that what one calls the interruptions are precisely one's real life- the life God is sending one day by day."   C.S. Lewis

No comments: