Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter morning thoughts. . .

I woke up around 4:48 this morning and I've already had a bow of Cream and Wheat, some toast and a cup of hot tea.  I am completely a morning person but my Yankee is not.  I have very quiet mornings since leaving home and marrying (my family is all morning people- my Dad's belief was that if you lived on a farm you could not sleep past 7 a.m.)  

But now my son, Elijah and I compete for the spot of who can get up the earliest.  I'd say I have him beat this morning.  With our little Eula on the way I wonder if I my quiet mornings will be more similar to my childhood days once more . . .  Or maybe she can sleep in with Daddy. . .

There really is something quite special about Easter morning. . . For me it is magnified by all the greenery, the blooming flowers.  I'm not at home right now where it is one big "tree" as our Ohio friend says, but here in Michigan (where we are visiting grandparents) the greenery is just as pretty if not as plentiful. 

I am reminded of the hope I have in Christ,  the hope of growing and changing and being saved from the winter I sometimes feel.  I am reminded that even in the winter life is present and waiting to show itself.

No comments: